Hi, I’m Aleksandra – a Gen Y communications professional living and working here in busy, bustling Toronto. Those that know me would call me a communications and digital media junkie in heels.
I’m a lover of technology, fitness, organization and décor. Yup – my computer’s bookmarks file is as eclectic as they get. Although I can frankenstein PC’s together, I prefer my MacBook but make no mistake I am nobody’s fangirl! Apparently I also make up verbs (like frankensteining – the art of putting together random pieces to kinda make a whole). I’ve recently discovered I am addicted to organizing my apps – I have a folder on my iPhone purely dedicated to all the photography apps I use (yes it’s sad, no I don’t care). Passionate about social media, my iPhone is always attached to my hip and I suffer from phantom vibrations often…maybe even now.
I love to curate content – I pin and stumble upon things I find fascinating. I facebook my thoughts, flickr my photos, and blip my tunes. My experience is linked in while my life is both tweeted and blogged. I love bringing people together and sparking insightful conversations so you’ll find me connected 365/24/7.
Come join me as I navigate through social media, technology and life.
This is my blog, and these are my musings.
10 things you need to know about me:
- I am a communications junkie – without a connection to the Internet and my cell phone by my side I feel so naked I can’t function. That’s normal, right?
- I believe that reading is the key to intelligent conversation. So please read all the (damn) time.
- I’m a music lover. As a classically trained pianist I’m a bit of an audiophile. My taste is as eclectic as they come and sometimes I need to edit my iTunes collection when people come over because it’s just that random.
- I have this soft spot for animals and it’s |———————— this ————————| big.
- I’m a gym-bunny and have a passion for fitness and nutrition. You’ll find many a magazine/book on my bookshelf and dozens of websites bookmarked in my browser.
- I’ve got this thing for organization. My notes in university were colour-coded because it helped me organize information. Fast forward to today: I have collections of inspiring design pictures in my Evernote – most of them are of colour-coordinated bookshelves, closets, and desks.
- I may come in a compact package but I am a whirlwind of energy!
- Although I love to cook, baking is my forte. Ask me about my killer cheesecake recipes.
- A lot of what I say is dripping with sarcasm so try not to take me *too* seriously.
- I try to live by the adage of “Inspire to be yourself”.
Want to know more? Follow me on Twitter to learn a bit more about what makes me tick.
Check out my first post here to find out why I started this blog. 🙂