Countdown to 2011
Yep, it’s official. 2011 totally snuck up on me. In fact, it’s coming over for a late drink tomorrow night and I have nothing ready.
What am I doing this year for NYE this year, you ask?
I’m still in Sarnia visiting family so I don’t think I’ll make the parties I’m invited to in Toronto this year. Not even sure I’ll attend any here either.And it’s not that I don’t want to go out. Oh no! I love going out…but I want to stay and help my family out since my dad happened to break his foot leaving him unable to do a lot. Plus I like hanging with the family. NYE night in? Maybe it won’t be so bad! Besides, I want to try something different. Not being hungover, tired or (worse) both. I want to try something different this year. Wake up at a regular time, maybe go for a run. Really start the new year feeling…new. 🙂
I’m not the kind of girl that makes new years resolutions either. I don’t need special occasions to decide to do something but the last few years I’ve felt….lost so I’m going to give it another go this year. As I always say, you learn nothing from success and everything from mistakes.
So how was my 2010?
- I am truly blessed because my friends and family are awesome. I love surrounding myself with amazing people and am lucky to have so many in my life including some new additions (baby Isla, baby Sage, baby Kasia, to name a few) who I am sure will also turn out to be amazing little people. 🙂
- After being laid off for 10 months, I found a great job at a great company and I should really take advantage of it. I work hard (sometimes too hard but I do it to myself and it’s the kind of person I was raised to be).
- Injured or not, at the beginning of the year I pushed myself and ran, practiced yoga and got to the gym regularly. Last half of the year? Um, not so much. After the knee injury following my 10km run, I’ve taken it too easy on myself and my progress has slowed significantly.
- Although I’m terrified of the flying part of traveling, I’m glad I’ve gone on a trip every year for the last two years running. I’d really like to continue that little tradition I’ve created for myself. I hear San Fran is nice in the winter. Maybe that’ll be my next trip, eh Renée?
Looking forward to 2011
So looking at my 2010 list above I’ve come up with a few themes that I’m going to carry into 2011:
- Find balance. I need to come first and make time for the things that make me happy (whether it’s going to the gym regularly, or seeing my friends and family).
- Take the lead. I think it’s time I take the lead in my life and direct it to where I need to go, instead of letting it direct me. Things like career pathing might be nice to try.
- Think big. I guess it might be an old school mentality of mine to just be happy with what you have but I find that mindset has shelved many of my life dreams. I’m thinking too small and…I hate it. I need to think big. What’s that cheesy quote? Aim for the moon and maybe you’ll land amongst the stars? Yeah…can’t land amongst the stars if you’re just thinking of just sitting on a treetop.
I’ll get down to the nitty gritty and share my resolutions based on those three principles in another post but looks like I’m actually going to make some NYE resolutions! I’m excited and a little terrified. Nothing worse then letting yourself down…I think that’s why I stopped. Life gets in the way. Not this time though. I’m going to use my stubbornness for good and not evil this time. 🙂
I dunno if this is a good idea but can’t hurt to try, right?
Filed under: Personal | 3 Comments
Tags: 2011, Goal Setting, Goal Tracker, Lululemon Goal Setting, Make myself a priority, New Year, New Year's Eve, NYE