You know you’re addicted to Twitter when…
- When there’s a natural disaster your first instinct is to tweet the det’s and find shelter after. Ahem, quake of 2010 anyone? *points to self* Guilty.
- You Twitter client is set to refresh every 5 minutes which is clearly not often enough so you find yourself trying to manually refresh every 60 seconds or so.
- If you don’t get at least 1 #FF you get upset.
- You tweet important info – new job, breakup with the gf/bf – before you call your bestie.
- You tell your spouse to come down to dinner via tweet versus yelling down the hall – that’s barbaric!
- You add “Tw” before words making your own Twitter version. Examples include tweeps, twevent, twating, etc. Guilty.
- You get writers block when asked to write more than 140 characters.
- You hashtag everything – emails, texts, in-person conversations. Guilty and proud of it! #HashtagMafia4Life
- You find yourself documenting what people say around you because they make great OH’s! It just sorta happens though….
- You also find yourself typing @ in front of a person’s name in emails, cards, invitations, etc. Emails.
- You no longer update Facebook but direct people to Twitpic for a documentary of your life.
- You get a friend to update your status when you’re on vacation, aka TwitterSitter. I Googled this term when I first heard it. Yes I know someone who did this!
- You wish you could filter real life conversations like you can on TweetAgora.
- You worry when Guy Kawasaki doesn’t post something for 30 minutes.
- When people ask what you’ve been up to, you answer simply with: “Follow me on Twitter.”
- Your Rolodex & address book is filled with just people’s Twitter handles. Yeah my address book has this but it’s cos not everyone’s Twitter handles is their name…to…which…I am guilty of. Damn!
- You refer to people in public by their Twitter handles and never by their real names. This has happened to me a lot – people just call me Alisaan now. 😀
- Before doing anything – going to sleep, driving your car, heading into the subway – you refresh your Twitter feed to see what you’ve missed.
- You have a sticker on your car or clothing/pins with your Twitter handles on them and yes you hope the public sees them. Not yet…but I have considered it!
So what are your signals you are a Tweet-a-holic? I know I missed some awesome signs of Tweet-a-hol-ism so you let me know in the comments. 🙂 I need to write them down next time I see my therapist. <—–joke
Like this? Share this:
Filed under: Personal, Social Media | 8 Comments
Tags: #HashtagMafia4Life, Addiction, Are you addicted to Twitter, Funny, Hashtag Mafia 4 Life, How to you that you're addicted to Twitter, Observations, Quebec earthquake 2010, Toronto earthquake 2010, Twitter, Twitter comic
Hi, I'm Aleksandra - a digital storyteller with background in public relations, corporate communications and knowledge management.
Welcome to my world where I talk about my industry and interests in what I've dubbed my "famous last words".
my tweetsMy Tweets
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.
what people are saying
supply bio spot on My take on Starbuck Zenobia L. Standaert on My take on Starbuck Elisa V. Mccarey on My take on Starbuck Sherrie R. Kourt on My take on Starbuck unique christmas gif… on Social Media Trends (2010 and…