TwestivalTO: Have fun. Do good.
Since becoming actively involved on Twitter I’ve been to some crazy fun events and I expect this Thursday will be no different! If you are in the Toronto area, you want to have some fun AND do some good please get your ticket to #TwestivalTO.
Twestival (aka Twitter Festival) is an event where local communities come together across the globe to help a good cause. Last year, more than 400 participants raised upwards of $10,000 for Charity: Water (with a global total of $250,000!).
This year’s Twestival Toronto festivities will be held at Tryst Nightclub on Thursday, March 25th 2010…and I know you’re free because it’s a Thursday night! Tickets are still available and can be purchased on the Twestival Toronto site. Like any good event there will be fun hosts, loud music, cash bar, great company (ahem yours truly will be there!!) and more! (Am hearing there may be some big raffles as well so bring a little extra with you!). All in all, it will be a great party with great people for a great cause.
About the cause
All proceeds from this event will go to Concern Worldwide a humanitarian organization working to improve the lives of the poorest people. You can find Concern working in Asia, Africa and the Caribbean helping people to develop and sustain a reliable source of income, food, health care systems, access to education, etc. Their end goal is to develop sustainable improvements; improvements that can continue without any outside support. They do a lot good but like any organization they can’t do it alone.
What you need more reason then helping a charity in need? Geez! *Shrug* Sure, I can do that. How about a Top 10? I’m feeling very Letterman!
Top 10 reasons to go to TwestivalTO:
- The party. Every Twitter party (Twarty? Twevent? Whatever.) I’ve ever attended has been a great time! Us geeks know how to throw down.
- The tweeps. You get to meet some of your Twitter friends IRL (n00b translation: in real life) and that’s always amusing. I love matching up avatars to faces! Don’t have a pic of your face in your avatar? Get one up before you go so people can find you!
- Make new friends. Don’t have any Twitter friends yet? Get out and meet new and interesting people. 🙂 I’ll be there – come say hello. I’m really nice I swear.
- Dance. Get on up off that thing! No really, dance it up. I hear it’s great exercise! Check out this calorie counter to find out how many calories you’ll burn dancing at TwestivalTO.
- Recession relief. Everyone’s gotta do their part to spend our way out of the recession. I can’t do this alone!
- Try new things. Haven’t been to a Twestival before? You’re not alone. In fact, this will be my first too! I’ve been to #HoHoTO’s and #HaiHaiTO’s and #CanLit but not #TwestivalTO.
- Photo opp’s. Let me level with you – it’s a party so there’ll always be something amusing happening you can take a pic of. Plus maybe you’ll take a great new pic for your Twitter/Facebook avatar!
- Blog post idea. You’ll have something to write about…but you can’t write about it if you aren’t there. Look at me all giving ideas away!
- Discover a new song. No, really! Haven’t you ever gone out and gone “ZOMG this song is amazing what is it?” That doesn’t happen sitting inside your living room, twiddling your thumbs on a Thursday night. (Ok maybe it does but the likelihood is higher it’ll happen at a party.)
- Because I said so. Pretty self explanatory I thought but you’re still reading. GO!
So to summarize I’ll see y’all this week at TwestivalTO!! Coming out? Thought I left something out of my Top 10? Leave me a comment!
Like this? Share this:
Filed under: Charity, Make a Difference, Social Media | 17 Comments
Tags: Charity, Concern Worldwide, For a good cause, Help end poverty, Letterman, Poverty, Social Media, Top 10, Top 10 reasons, Twestival, Twestival Toronto, TwestivalTO, Twitter Festival
Hi, I'm Aleksandra - a digital storyteller with background in public relations, corporate communications and knowledge management.
Welcome to my world where I talk about my industry and interests in what I've dubbed my "famous last words".
my tweetsMy Tweets
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.
what people are saying
supply bio spot on My take on Starbuck Zenobia L. Standaert on My take on Starbuck Elisa V. Mccarey on My take on Starbuck Sherrie R. Kourt on My take on Starbuck unique christmas gif… on Social Media Trends (2010 and…