The reading list
Well a few months back I decided that although I may still be unemployed, I am going to keep myself busy and continue to expand my knowledge. Now I have time to do all those things I used to say I had no time for! My mother works in a library so as you can imagine I’ve been raised on books and I LOVE books. In fact, if you look in my About Me section you’ll see that I recommend that people read all the (damn) time!
Well I never realized how many books I was reading until I was having coffee with a friend and he asked me if I heard of a particular book he was thinking of reading (that is if he ever got the time). “Well yeah,” I mentioned nonchalantly, “I’m reading it right now.” Here’s the part where we played 20 questions about the book. You know – what do you think so far; do you like it; is it relevant to our industry; do you recommend it; etc etc and so on and so forth.
That got me thinking – well how am I going to remember all the books I’m reading in two months time? I’m a bit of a bookworm (ouch) and to make matters worse a speed reader as well (double ouch). So I’ve decided I will keep a log of the books I’m reading lately and post my thoughts on them as I go. And call me ambitious but here’s what’s on my list for the next two weeks:
What do you think? Now this isn’t my entire reading list – I think I’ve got some more books listed on my Linked In page somewhere too so I’ll try to condense them and start giving you my two cents. Hope it’ll quench your curiousity and provide you with some amusement. 🙂
Check out the list thus far:
- Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? by Seth Godin
- Purple Cow, New Edition: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable by Seth Godin
- Putting the Public Back in Public Relations: How Social Media Is Reinventing the Aging Business of PR by Brian Solis, Deirdre Breakenridge
- Crush It!: Why NOW Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion by Gary Vaynerchuk
- The Social Media Marketing Book by Dan Zarrella
- Glimmer: How Design Can Transform Your Life, and Maybe Even the World by Warren Berger
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use Social Media, Blogs, News Releases, Online Video, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly by David Meerman Scott
- Problogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income by Darren Rowse and Chris Garrett
- Speed Decorating by Jill Vegas
- Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters: 400 Unconventional Tips, Tricks, and Tactics for Landing Your Dream Job by Jay Conrad Levinson and David E. Perry
- The Dip: a Little Book That Teaches You When to Quit (And When To Stick) by Seth Godin
- Free Prize Inside! The Next Big Marketing Idea by Seth Godin
- Tribes: We Need You To Lead Us by Seth Godin
- The Big Moo: Stop Trying to Be Perfect and Start Being Remarkable by The Group of 33, Edited by Seth Godin
- Twitter Power: How to Dominate Your Market One Tweet at a Time by Joel Comm
So here’s the big question – what books did I miss that you think I should add to the list? Doesn’t have to be new, I like oldies but goodies! Give me your recommendations in the comments below because I’m always looking for another good book.
Like this? Share this:
Filed under: Books | Leave a Comment
Tags: Books, Bookworm, Branding, Brian Solis, Chris Garrett, Dan Zarrella, Darren Rowse, David Meerman Scott, Deidre Breakenridge, Gary Vaynerchuk, Marketing, Reading, Reading List, Seth Godin, Social Media, Social Media Marketing, Twitter, Warren Berger
Hi, I'm Aleksandra - a digital storyteller with background in public relations, corporate communications and knowledge management.
Welcome to my world where I talk about my industry and interests in what I've dubbed my "famous last words".
my tweetsMy Tweets
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.
what people are saying
supply bio spot on My take on Starbuck Zenobia L. Standaert on My take on Starbuck Elisa V. Mccarey on My take on Starbuck Sherrie R. Kourt on My take on Starbuck unique christmas gif… on Social Media Trends (2010 and…